Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I'm in Heaven!!

The main reason I can't ever seem to keep my blogs up as much as I would like these days is that I am a proud mother of two little, little boys!!

I have a 2 year-old and a 4 month-old.

And, since my husband and I run our own business, though I am technically at home with the little ones, there is still quite a bit to be done by me for work. Yet, I wouldn't have it any other way. I love that I get to spend so much time with them, and I LOVE not having to commute -- I live in Greater LA and used to commute - yuck!!

For the New Year, I'm hoping to blog more frequently. I love cooking and am committed to not doing take out and frozen dinners regularly, despite the hectic life we live. I am also committed, despite a tight budget, to being a part of the local food movement, so I'm part of a CSA, Abundant Harvest Organics. I love it and would recommend it to anyone who lives within their service area in Central and Southern Cali - or see if there is a CSA near you!

So, my plan for the New Year is to post meal plans, recipe links and actual recipes (and maybe even some photos) about this cooking journey.

Today's post is called I'm in Heaven because, for a very brief moment, both boys were sleeping (I hear the baby waking right now) and I had prepped a simple and amazing salad and was indulging in quiet, deliciousness.

It was a tomato cucumber salad with avocad0 (and the avocado was the most perfect and buttery avocado). It was so simple, but so magical. (Single serving size described below)

1/2 cucumber - chopped
less than 1/4 of a red onion - diced
a handful cherry tomatoes - halved or quartered
1 avocado - diced

I layered it in a bowl and drizzled with a little balsamic and olive oil and sprinkled some black pepper on.

Heaven!





(The photo was taken with my photobooth on my computer, so it doesn't do the salad justice).





Here's to hoping the baby puts himself back to sleep. It's sounding as if he might. If so, the question becomes: to cook or nap!!

No comments:

Post a Comment